Monday, August 31, 2009

The End

So, it's been thirteen weeks since Tony Horton and I started seeing each other seriously on a regular basis. He and I would meet every day for about an hour, and on some nights it was for about an hour and a half. Each time we met, things would get a little hot and sweaty...

Don't panic, I'm still in love with Josh, I am talking about P90X! Shame on you for thinking that...

I started my "90 days" on June 1st. My original goal was to start and finish the P90X program. (For those of you just tuning in, Tony Horton is the trainer who created the program.) Many of you read my blog More Than Disappointing about 6 weeks into it; I was struggling with my progress (or lack thereof). I reevaluated and decided that I really wanted to complete my original goal. So, here I am, 13 weeks later.

Here are a few of the things that I am happy with after this crazy endeavor: I loved the "me" time I had. I love to work hard and sweat and feel that fatigue in my muscles that is a "good sore." I do admit, my arms look good. My abs have a long road to run yet, but they are getting there. I am pleased with myself for the simple fact of completing my goal.

While Tony will hold a special place in my fit heart, there are some things that I am disappointed about: I did these extreme work outs for 90 days, spending a minimum of 1 hour per workout for 6 of the 7 days in the week and I weigh exactly the same as I did 13 weeks ago. There were 39 days were I "double-dipped" and added another workout on top of the P90X routine and I still wear the same size clothes. Of those 39 days, I played sand volleyball for 8, walked for 11 and ran for 20!

I love to workout; it's my stress reliever and time to myself, so I would never say that this was time wasted, but if you are frustrated about trying to lose weight, or just fit into different clothes...come talk to me. If 90 days of extreme workouts won't change things, I don't know what will...

I'm thinking that Tony and I might not see each other as seriously in the future, but that doesn't mean we aren't still friends and bump into each other from time to time...

2 comments:

Holly said...

The numbers don't matter. You did it, and you look great...I was thinking that today at work when we were visiting in my room.....that was a huge commitment, and most people who start it don't finish it. You did.

Mary said...

I have so much admiration for you Kat. Your determination, perseverance, intelligence,the fact that you served for our country, your confidence in yourself ...just to name a few. I am very fortunate to be working with you and I KNOW it!!!!

calatter,

FlashG. :)