Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Update



Hi there...I'm just peeking out from under my pail to give you a little update on what's been happening at the Stewart house this spring...

Well, for starters, my sister and I are getting really big and we are doing all kinds of cute things. I am jibber-jabbering and I like to play peek-a-boo with my pail. I love to feed myself snacks like crackers, dried apple bites, or little puffy snacks. I have two teeth on bottom so I am working on chewing with them...they sure are sharp!


Also, as you will see, my sister likes to help out with lots of stuff...I like it when she helps mommy feed me because she is silly and says, "Ahhhhhhh...." to get me to smile and open up for the yummies...

Joslynn is talking constantly, unless we go somewhere with new people, then she is shy for a while. She likes to say "no" a lot and "otay" which really means, 'okay'...she's workin' on it.

We are getting a sandbox and Nana and Papa Stewart got us some great sandbox toys for Easter, so we are really excited to try them out.

We've been out in the 'green machine' a few times; that was fun! Oh, I almost forgot, that's the stroller that both Joslynn and I can ride in.



Here I am again, being cute...it's just so easy for me, so I make it my full time job. My part-time job is drooling.

Mommy has been busy at work with planning all sorts of stuff for her students. She is also raising money for a Parkinson's Walk for my Papa Czech, so if you give her a dollar, she will walk or run a mile for it. (I think she has her work cut out for her since she has gotten quite a few dollars already.) But that is great news since I really want those scientist people to help find a cure for Parkinson's so maybe they can help my Papa Czech feel better.

Mommy is also having a toy party on April 22nd...Joslynn and I are SOOOO excited for this! We're hoping that maybe mommy and daddy will buy us some new fun things; we're getting kind of bored with the toys that we have now.

This is a picture of Joslynn in her "tent." It's really just a space between the couch and chair that mommy and daddy throw a blanket over, and she calls it a tent. Its one of her favorite spots. She's feeding her dolly right now...




Mommy made this yummy looking pizza, with Joslynn's help. She likes to help in the kitchen and see what is cooking on the stove or in the oven. I think that's why she wants a play kitchen for her birthday, and some play dishes...so she can make play pizza and feed it to her dolly.

They said that I'm too little to have pizza yet...I was really bummed. It smelled so good.

Daddy has been busy finishing up his Master's paper. We are so proud of him. He's going to be graduating on May 8th, (his birthday) so we are excited for his special day! He has also been wearing this blue and white string that holds up his arm because he has a big ouchie. Mommy wasn't sure if she would scare people with the picture of his scar, so she didn't put it on here.



So...that's what we've been up to here at the Stewart house. We're excited about spring being here and being able to go outside and play. I'm still working on that 'crawling' business...its tough work! We wish you all a very Hoppy Easter!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Little man, you are one heck of a writer already! You must get it from your mom! Thanks for the fun update....

Mary said...

Great post Kat. It is really fun to see you at work behind the scenes. I double dare you to wear the kitchen apron on a lab day!!

Mary