Thursday, January 29, 2009

Decompression

Tonight, I just needed to decompress. This has been a long week at school despite the fact that the kids weren't in school on Monday. I just feel like I'm drowning in my grading, planning, room cleaning and to top it all off, my voice is saying, "See ya!" Maybe I should teach at a school for mimes; I seem to lose my voice more and more often in the past 2 years.

Anyway, back to my decompression. Life in my house is not glamorous by any means, so even the simple things help to distract me from those other annoying things that sometimes go on. Here's what I did to get my sanity back...
  • Went to the grocery store.
  • I pigged out on delicious snacks with Joslynn when we got home.
  • We danced to "the monkey song" and acted very silly together. It made her laugh, which made me laugh, thus, adding years to both of our lives.
  • I did normal house/baby maintenance.
  • Did a few loads of laundry.
  • Cooked dinner.
  • Vented to Josh when he got home.
  • Gave 2 and a half baths; Jackson peed in his so we had to start a new one.
  • Showed Joslynn how to hold her breath and blow bubbles under water. She thought this was funny--again, adding years!
  • Changed sheets/blankies in Jackson's crib.
  • Snuggled during story time and sang Joslynn to sleep. Even though I sound like a frog, she still likes my singing, go figure.
  • Talked with my sister on the phone about wedding stuff.
  • Ran a few miles.
  • Read ~25 emails that I didn't get to during the day.
  • Sent ~10 emails.
  • Organized the papers that I need to grade tomorrow as I supervise an "opportunity room."
  • Folded laundry.
  • Caught up on my friends' blogs and commented on many of them.
All I need are some distractions to keep me from losing my mind. I think I'm set.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Geez, and after that you got five hours of sleep!

Let's hope we have a mellower week next week.....and if not, let's play hookey friday and go to MOA!