Monday, October 13, 2008

Overdue update

I can't believe how non-addicted to blogging I have been for the past month or two.  I guess that's what happens when you are a single mom (basically that's what I am until the short break between soccer and wrestling), and then I am on my own again until mid March.  

The kids are doing great!  Jack is mellow and smiling at anything and everything and growing like a weed.  He has got to be over 15 pounds now.  You know he's big when he is wearing size 2 diapers as a 3 month old! He is still a little snuggle-pants, and he is a better sleeper (knock on wood) than Joslynn is.  

Joslynn is signing more and more.  She has most recently mastered two signs put together, "more please."  Its so cute!  She's my little genius.  She's still super picky, so we're trying to find some more foods that she'll eat. In addition to signing, she is working on saying a lot of words too! Here are some that I can think of...I'm sure I'm forgetting some.  
  • Mama
  • Dada
  • Juuuuuu! (juice)
  • Hot
  • No, no
  • Uh, oh
  • Puppy
  • Moo
  • Baa (sheep)
  • Duck
  • lolo (lotion)
  • Mo/more
  • choo (shoe)
  • book
She understands so many more too!  I love this stage where she can communicate back to us. She blows us kisses, gives great hugs and makes us laugh and smile more than I ever thought I could.

Josh is almost done with soccer, so I will have a little more help until the LONG wrestling season starts.  That makes the long, cold winter seem even longer than normal.  Right now, he is consumed with his STAR paper for his masters, coaching and work.  Hopefully we can manage to spend some time together so I can keep it somewhat fresh in my memory what being married is like.

I have been swamped juggling school, 2 kids, house, cleaning, etc... Grading 150+ papers/test/homework assignments keeps me busy until the late night hours.  I am still getting my classroom organized after moving back in.  My room is almost set up with the new technology, although once its in, then I need to figure out how to run all of it.  The house is constantly a mess and I never thought that would be okay with me, but I have gotten used to letting things slide a bit. (It still kills the inner Monica in me).  I do have a mini-self celebration as of late; I lost 20 pounds since my 6 week post-baby check-up.  Yeah!  Now the trick is to keep it off.

Now I need to start planning ahead on my science stuff so that I have a spare minute or two during the spring instead of having all of this late-night business.  How do I keep getting further behind when I should have more time than this???

Overall, the Stewart's are doing well.  We're busy, but good.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm glad you posted.....I've missed your blog!

I empathize with the craziness of your life right now....I was there once, and it does get easier.Promise.

It was so fun to read about all of Joslyn's words!